Translate

Saturday 30 March 2013

Packing! : Top 5 packing tips

So if you saw my last post (My Paris Trip 2013) you will know that I am going to Paris in 3 days and I thought I would share my experience with packing (I make it sound like such an endeavor) and tips on what to pack.

So my tips are just for one person and I guess women/females as men might not care *quite* as much about toiletries and beauty stuff. So here are my top 5 tips for packing

So my first tip is:
1. Dress to your climate: 
This is an obvious one but I still think its important to include, like I'm going to Paris not Turkey I know its not going to be sweltering hot, I went to Paris around this time two years ago and it was quite warm, however my guess is that its going to be just a bit warmer than England right now, but even so I am dressing the same way I do here, if your unsure about the climate in the place that your going look at the past couple of weeks weather there and estimate from that, but if it is variable just go for some options that you could wear in any weather rather than taking loads of options as you need space for other stuff in your suitcase.

2. Travel Sizes:
You can buy mini sizes of a lot of products in places like Boots or Superdrug (or whatever drugstore/chemist/pharmacy you have near you) and its worth it because it takes up less space in your toiletries bag and if your traveling on a plane you have to worry about how much liquid your taking, something I don't have to worry about because we're traveling by coach.

3. Plan what you're packing:
Write a list of what your packing so that you don't end up over packing. Plan outfits for each day that your there even if you don't end up wearing them at least you don't have a suitcase full of pointless clothes that you won't wear and that are just randomly floating around your suitcase.

4. Dirty Clothes:
Some hotels provide laundry service however its probably expensive, so if you can't afford that then you can simply get a plastic bag and put all your dirty clothes in it then its all out of the way in your suitcase :)

5. Travel Adapters
Remember that if you are going to a different country than they probably won't have the same plugs as your country, for example here in England we have three pin plugs and in both America and France they have two pin plugs I don't know about any other countries by the way but you can look it up, also like American two pin plugs are a different thickness to French two pin plugs and yeah.

So I hope you found this post helpful and if you want to let me know your top 5 travel tips in the comments!
If you thought this was the end of the post well oh no it isn't I thought it would be interesting to tell you the outfits I am taking to Paris.

Day 1:
Travelling.
Baseball Raglan Sleeve top
Black Leggings
Socks
Military Boots/Combat Boots
Onesie on top for comfort

Day 2:
Disneyland.
Black Vest top/ Tank top
Sheer black and white stripe top
Skater skirt
Tights
Ballet pumps
Parka

Day Three:
Disneyand, Shopping and Cultural Things.
lightwash jeans
converse look a likes
sheer white top
bandeau/vest top
parka

Day Four:
Travelling.
Geek Crop Top
Leggings
Oversised Jumper
Ballet Pumps
Beanie

So now the post is done I hope you found it enjoyable and informative to read :D




No comments:

Post a Comment