Translate

Wednesday 20 March 2013

My Skin + products

I really felt like writing a post about my skins and products that work on it. Before plunging into the depths (what?) of this post you should know that my skin is very strange...

So before I get into products I use etc you should get to know my skin, not that it's a person but you know. So I'm not pale, and I am far from dark skinned (sigh) I'm like a couple shades in maybe the second shade on your average foundation shade range but if its a case of light, medium and dark I will definitely fit in light. I'm not to sure if I'm warm or cool toned now I would say I am almost certainly warm toned because my skin tone is almost olive-y but not quite and has yellow undertones which obviously suggest warm toned and my veins are most obviously green to my eyes which I have read that means you are warm toned (if I remember correctly) but I did a test on the L'Oreal website to match me most closely with the shades in the true match shade range and it said I was cool toned so I'm quite confused but I am pretty sure I'm warm toned.

My skin type is also a confusing matter, one thing (bursts into song "you got that one thing") that I'm 100% sure of is that my eyelids are oily, crease eyeshadow no matter what and eyeshadow comes off quickly. But my skin itself is a bit sensitive, most of the time I'd say my skin varies from normal-combination sometimes oily but if I use the wrong product my skin will shrivel up like an old prune (do prunes shrivel up, well it sounds right to me) well no it doesn't shrivel up it just gets very very dehydrated, red and irritated. So yeah. Acne wise my skin is really good considering I have combination-oily skin (normally) and I only get a couple of spots I have never had a full on break out the closest to one is right now which is a few spots here and there. My pores are quite big but not overly visible thankfully, I think my main problem with this kind of thing is blackheads I have loads of them on the tip of my nose which is a normal place for blackheads.

So that's enough about my skin now onto the products I use:

Moisturiser: Simple Light Moisturiser&Nivea Creme (for dry/dehydrated patches)
Exfoliant: Witch gentle exfoliating wash
Cleanser: Right now: Simple hydrating light moisturiser, holy grail: No7 gentle cleanser
Makeup Remover: Simple cleansing wipes&simple exfoliating wipes. I used to use a boots facial cleansing lotion that cleared pores etc but it activated dry patches and my sensitivity so no go.
Eye Makeup Remover: Garnier Eye Makeup remover with grape extract

No comments:

Post a Comment